Documents and expenses necessary for the sign of a lease
In the case of a company lease :
- Extrait Kbis of the company (official registration number) - Name, responsabilities, copy of the Identity Card of the person who will sign the lease in the company, (who must figure in the Extrait Kbis, or possess a «power» from somebody figuring in the Extrait Kbis), - Copy of the identity Card (or Passport) of the person who will live in the apartment, - (+ insurance certificate for the apartment), - After exam of the file, the landlord may ask for more information (relative to the financial health of the company), and in some case for a bank guarantee.
In the case of an individual lease (for an employee expatriated in France) :
- Copy of the Identity Card (or Passport) of the employee, - Employer's certificate stating :
- the name - the responsibilities and the salary of the employee (that should 3 or 4 times the amount of the monthly rent, depending on landlords demand) - that the employee is expatriated (same company), or is engaged for a long term contract
- Bank registration number in France (not always demanded), - The 3 last pay slips (not always demanded), - (+ insurance certificate for the apartment), - After exam of the file, the landlord may ask for a caution which can be : bank caution, company caution, other individual caution.
In both cases, the estimated expenses on the day of the signature of the lease are :
- A check in euros for the guarantee deposit (1 month for unfurnished apartment, 2 months for furnished), that will be given back to the employee or the company at the end of the lease (2 months after), if they have been no damage to the apartment - A check in euros for this month's rent - A check in euros for the real estate agency commission (= around 1 month rent, 2 months for a funished apartment) - The insurance subscription (from 160 € to 230 €/year) - A check for the final invoice of ISIPARIS - in certain cases, Bailiff expenses asked by the owner for the inventory.
80 rue de la Tour
Tel : + 33 (0)1 40 07 96 67
Fax: + 33 (0)1 40 07 95 47