As of many countries, France has detailed immigration law *
EEC citizens ( 31 countries) are entitled to travel, work, and establish residence in France.
Non EEC citizens must have both a French work permit and residency card.
The type of residency card and work permit in France you should apply for depends on your personal and professional situation, notably:
- your nationality (EEC , EU, or non EEC)
- the length of your stay
- the reason for your stay in France ( level and details of your employment)
- your employer (your company abroad or the French subsidiary)
- your social security situation ( local registration or secunded contract)
- your salary level... etc
If you are to be accompanied by your family, your wife/husband will also need a residency card, and your children will have to comply with part of the application process.
Depending on your status and the type of French residency permit and French work authorization you are applying for, a file is established and several French Administrative agencies may be involved in the approval and delivery process, chiefly:
- Pôle Emploi (French National Agency for Unemployment)
- DIRECCTE (Labour Department)
- OFFI (French Office for Immigration and Integration)
- The French Consulate in your country , delivering the French long-term visas
- The French Prefecture in France
The whole process for obtaining the work permit approval, and the delivery of the final residency cards, can take between 5 to 15 weeks, (depending on the type you are applying for), and will require, in all cases, an official medical check-up.
Regardless of the French work permit and French residency card you are applying for, and if you come with your family, be prepared to compile quite a few documents, including: passport, original of your diplomas, French CV (resume), original of marriage certificate, original of your children’s birth certificate, with French sworn translations, work contract, 3 last pay-slips etc...
Our service: we advise on the immigration status suited to each situation, we provide the list and compile all the information and documents needed from the executive, the company abroad and the company in France; we help them to fill out the various official forms; we submit the application to the appropriate institutions; we monitor the process step by step to make sure there are no problem and keep the executive informed on the process progress; finally, in the end, we escort the executive to the French Prefecture for the issuance of the residency card.
* information provided may be subject to modification at any time.
80 rue de la Tour
Tel : + 33 (0)1 40 07 96 67
Fax: + 33 (0)1 40 07 95 47